Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lifestyle Changes Part 2

    Diet is very important when it comes to losing weight. There are so many diets, fad diets, clubs, etc. when it comes to changing one's diet to lose weight. Everyone should know that you have to permanently change the way you eat to lose weight and keep it off. Fad diets or changing your habits for a little while does not work!
    Changing my diet has been very difficult because once Cash was born I became addicted to sweets. When I say addicted, I mean ADDICTED! I would eat sweets from morning to night! If all I ate all day was something sweet, I was happy! Learning to let go of my sweets has been very very very hard for me. This is why it took me eight months after he was born to be ready and willing to give them up. My time came when I disgusted myself and I knew I had to get help for myself and my family.
    After having gestational diabetes and being on a low carb diet for 4 months, I knew this was NOT an option for me to start again to lose weight. There is no way in hell that I could keep that up for the rest of my life! I love carbs! I decided instead to do a low fat diet. This is much easier for me and there are so many options and ways to make meals low fat. I try to eat 20 g or less of fat a day. I also do try to eat a lot of protein and stay away from starches as much as possible.
    Even though I try to eat 20 g or less, I do not strictly count the grams nor do I eat this way ALL the time. My opinion is that every now and then, you have to eat something bad for you or there is no way you will be able to stick to your new lifestyle. The key is to remember EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!
   So far so good for me! I have been able to stick to this pretty regularly. I have been able to find a lot of great low fat recipes online that has made this transition so much easier for me. I have even found a way to have low fat SWEETS! :) My new lifestyle is not always easy but I just remember why I changed in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment