Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lifestyle Changes

     We all have heard a trillion + times that the keys to weightloss are dieting and exercise. Anyone that wants to lose a lot of weight and keep it off have to incorporate these things into their lifestyle.  Well we know that changing our lifestyle can be very difficult. It takes a lot of determination, motivation, and faith to do it. Luckily I have all three and am beyond ready to make the change.
     The hardest lifestyle change for me is adding exercise into my daily routine. My routine is pretty set and revolves around my baby, Cash.  I am so lucky to have a great husband and one that cares a lot about his health and mine. He has helped me find time. He works long hours then comes home and immediately takes care of Cash so I can get my exercise in. If it wasn't for him, this weightloss journey would not be happening.
    John (my husband), is a strength and conditioning coach at Ole Miss. He knows a lot about working out and exercise. Not only is he my husband, but my coach through all of this as well. When I finally decided to make the changes it would take to get healthy he was so excited. He had been pushing for this for a long time and was ready to help me in any way possible. He keeps me motivated.
    Since I hate exercising, we have limited time, and no money to join a gym, we decided that exercising at home was my best option. I walk every night. I went from 1 mile the first week to now walking 2 miles 4 nights a week. Three nights a week, John does a circuit training program for me. Circuits consist of several exercises that work all muscle groups, you do them one after the other to keep your heart rate up, and repeat the circuit several times with small breaks in between. On the nights that I work out with John, I walk a mile and a half.
    I am in my 4th week of my new lifestyle. So far I am enjoying my evening walks. Not only is it good for my weightloss, it gives me time to clear my mind and have a little alone time. Mommys always need that. I am so glad that I am able to exercise every night and I must say and I am beginning to really enjoy it. My advice to people like me that are busy and hate to exercise is this, make time even if it's 15 min, do it consistently and you will find yourself enjoying it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chastity! Your blog is so honest and heartfelt - good for you. It will help hold yourself accoutable too. :)

    I hate exercising as well. In January I started doing a program called the Firm Express. It's a 13 dvd system that comes with a full rotation calendar. I do it 5 days a week, but the beginner option is 3 days a week. The kicker - each workout is only 20 minutes! All you need are the dvds and some free weights. I've lost 20 inches off my body since January. Anyway - just thought I would share and if you want to check it out, here's the website: www.firmdirect.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley! I am definitely going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Chastity. I know exactly how you feel. You sound just like me. But no family history of diabetes. You are so lucky you have John to help you out. Wish we lived closer so he could help me out :) Whenever you want to give up just think of little Cash. You want to make sure you are healthy, so you can torcher him when he is a TEENAGER!!!! It is FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete