Monday, August 1, 2011

The Journey starts TODAY!

      I have  decided to devote myself to living a healthy lifestyle. I recently had a baby and while I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes. I was pretty much put on a low carb diet and couldn't eat sweets. This almost killed me! The doctor told me that once I had my baby I would HAVE TO GET SKINNY or else get type 2 diabetes before the age of 30. I always knew I would get type 2 diabetes because this disease has affected almost my whole family. Howevere, I did not think that I would have it before or even close to the age of 30. My baby is 8 months old now and well I haven't even began to get skinny. I have managed to do quite the opposite in fact. I have binged on sweets and managed to gain 11 lbs since the birth of my son.
     I always make excuses as to why I can't exercise or eat better. The bottom line is that I just don't want to do it! I have always struggled with my weight because of this. Recently, a really good friend of mine has changed her lifestyle and lost a lot of weight. She is my motivation. She recently posted a quote that said something like" Some ppl live to eat, but I eat to live." (not exact but u get the idea) This really hung over my head because I realized that I was one the lives to eat. I am going to change that.
     I start this new lifestyle today. I know that it is not going to be easy at first but I can do it. I just have to remeber the ultimate goal. Today I weigh 197 lbs. I will post weekly and weigh monthly as I begin this journey to a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment